Thursday, December 13, 2007

Shopping Spree--Yip-eeee!

So I got a gift card to the Summit Mall and just bombed through three hours of shopping. I could have spent another couple of hours there for sure, but at eleven (when I was supposed to be home) I called Joey from the Customer Service desk (because-gasp!-I don't own a cell) and he was like, Come home, now. I told him I needed to try on another pair of jeans and I would be on my way. An hour and half later...
He is sleeping and must just be absolutely fried at me right now. Maybe not. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Oh yes. Shopping.
So I wasted a lot of time out there because first of all, you end up walking for MILES to go from store to store. Then, after spending a good forty-five minutes in Abercrombie for the first time, I finally asked the sales girl, what's up with your sizes? I assumed because they were Abercrombie they just did weird sizes and only sold clothes for the extremely tiny. She explained to me I was in the children's store.
Ohhh. That makes sense. She said this happens all the time. That made me feel a little less like a complete idiot.
So then I looked for jeans at Dillard's but wasn't sold because what if I could find a better pair, cheaper, elsewhere? So I went to Old Navy, debated over an extremely soft and warm jacket for fifteen minutes before I finally put it back. I think I did that (debated over some pants of shirt) about sixty trillion times this morning.
There is a lot of stuff going on in a girl's brain while she shops. For instance, Is this the BEST pair of jeans on me in this entire mall? Or will I walk into a different store and find an even better pair, for less money??? Why does a size four fit me here, and an eight over there? Am I getting fatter this very moment? Jeeze, I love these sweater, but if I buy it, then all the money is gone...maybe I'd better wait....Good gracious I wish I had more money-wait, should I be spending this on myself?and on and on and on. I feel like my brain has been on crack for the last three and half hours. I think it's better if I go with someone. Then I don't talk myself to death.
Also, I forget to eat, so on the drive home I felt all shaky and like I could eat a horse. Or a gigantic bowl of warm oatmeal.
Which is what I am eating right now. Ahh oatmeal. I love to shop but it puts me in a tissy. Oatmeal is helping.
I think my buys are winners though. The worst, I mean the WORST, is when you get the amazing sweater you just bought home and then two weeks, or even two hours later it's just lame. I don't think that's gonna happen this time.
I'll let you know if it does.

No comments: