Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cold. Shopping. Joey. St.Bernard's.

Brrrr! It's like ten degrees outside. My poor little ears feel like frozen vegetables as I walk all over campus today. My hair is not quite long enough to be able to wear a hat without looking like a total dork, but I am almost ready to give in it's so dang cold.

Today is my favorite day of the week: Tuesday. I wish I had Tuesday panties. Tuesday is the day Ethan is at Grandma Patty's all day and Joey and I meet on campus for lunch and then go hang out a bit before we pick the little Bubba up. It's a heavenly day (when we aren't fighting).

Today we are going to finish our Christmas shopping. I love shopping with Joey. Probably my favorite thing in the world, even though he is always rushing me to "Common!" by the end. Whatever. It's still the best.

Maybe because "shopping" was one of our first official dates as a bonafide couple. We went to the Gap and bought him a blue collared shirt for Angel and Logan's wedding. I think we held hands.

Or maybe it's just because I love to shop.

I made a master plan of all the stores we are going to go to and in what order and what we have to buy there. This is Joey's influence in my life. Having-no, writing down, a plan for shopping. If you think about it, it's not a bad idea. Getting the the most shopping for your time.

So now I wait for Joey.

He's so cute today with his pokey face because it's his "weekend" and he doesn't want to shave; his dark beanie and black sunglasses and smokey blue jacket.

We talked yesterday again about dogs because I saw a St. Bernard FREE TO GOOD HOME.

I have a great home.

And I really want a humongous dog. Joey says a medium size dog. I know I will probably kick myself if I ever talk Joey into a humongous dog, especially a huge dog who drools. But the idea of such a dog is so romantic, if you know what I mean. I have rose colored glasses on; I just see that huge, cute face and want to wrap my hands around those jowls and give it a big kiss.

No comments: