Sunday, December 23, 2007

New Friend.

Last night a woman who I met at Joey's work Christmas party came over. When we met we said to one another, "Our husbands are both gone at the same time. We should definitely hang out." And so a couple days later she called me and then I called her back and invited her over to my house (because Ethan is always a wonderful excuse to be at my house) and we said Saturday night a little after six.
Then as it kept getting closer and closer I was thinking, jeese, I hope this works out. I mean, I don't even know her, what will we talk about?? So I suggested we maybe watch a movie or something but we never did because we talked until midnight. Like we had known each other for years only there was no baggage at all, just brand new communication. We talked about family and work and our husband's work and getting together with other wives and church and sex and dogs. In fact, I can't think of anything of significance that we didn't cover.
She lives out here, something (duh, now that I think about it) I have been praying for for over a year.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: