Friday, December 21, 2007

I am so happy.

Today I woke up and as I was putting on my very pink and purple robe Grammie gave me last year for Christmas I thought, I'm happy.
Now, this is a strange strange thing, as most of you humans out there know. We are not usually a happy bunch. I mean, even us semi normal ones still fake the smiles half, no probably 70% of the time because its what is expected.
So anyway, I woke up this morning and I didn't want a different house or a different husband or bigger boobs. I woke up and was imagining being pregnant again, and how wonderful that felt last time (I am not being sarcastic here) and then Joey came home and I was still in bed-it was almost nine-and as he crawled in bed he said, "Man, it's nice and warm in here." So I said, "Yeah, that's why I stayed in bed, so it would be nice and warm for you." And then he busted up into the sweetest giggles I have ever heard. When Joey laughs my heart relaxes. But then he said, still laughing, "That had nothing to do with why you stayed in bed." Oh and, "You should see your hair-do right now (more laughter). You should wear it like that for Jess' wedding. It's got so much natural body and curl" (He was being sarcastic here. Very sarcastic). And then he turned over, let his giggles subside and put his green spongy earplugs in his ears and his royal blue sleeping mask over his eyes (he looks like superman). I laid there for a second before I couldn't resist any longer and snapped the band around his head. I learned he doesn't like this.
But it didn't ruin anything. We laid there together for a while, a luxury in this house, and then I got up and went to put my robe on and had my happy thought.
I think Paul really had something going on (like the Holy Spirit maybe?) when he wrote that he had learned to be content in all circumstances. Rich, poor, hungry or fed.
Also, all good things come down from the Father of Lights. My "good things" are changing from my expectations of perfect to actually what is before me: a hard-working husband who giggles sometimes, a sweet, sweet little boy named Ethan, and an extended family whose love reaches deep and wide.
I'm recognizing the goodness in what my Father of Lights has given to me. And it changed my world this morning.

No comments: