Monday, December 31, 2007

Maybe The One.

It's Monday morning and I am loving it. Loving the fact that all I have on the list to do today is Costco and dinner with grandparents. I am in my new white, ultra soft robe and my hair doesn't look too bad despite the fact I just woke up and I feel rich. Plus, Ethan is sleeping in.
Also my little sister and her very hot, older, Mexican ethnicity (I think he was born here though) boyfriend Chuy are driving up. They left at three in the morning. They are nuts like that and that's why they are so adorable together. On our family vacation they drove ten hours in a Honda Civic packed full of not only suitcases but bikes (two, old school, banana seat style), long boards, and other hip, Southern California things. They are a little crazy in a very good way.
OOOOOOOOO! I can't believe I almost forgot! I found a puppy! Well, not on the street or anything but in the paper. Maybe he's the one; he's got a rather interesting story. I called the lady in the paper and sure enough she had just sold her last puppy. But then she said that one guy just called her and told her he couldn't keep the puppy he'd taken because-now this is what's interesting-he was the trainer of that tiger who attacked and killed that boy in San Fransisco and he has to move back east. Nuts, huh? So she is going to call him and maybe we will end up with that puppy. Maybe he's already to trained him to be tigerish or something. Or at least potty-trained.
We wanted a girl dog (for smaller size) and this one's a boy, but if I like the looks of him I don't care. I'm ready to have some serious protection around here. I hate coming home late, like last night for instance, and wondering if some wacko is hiding in the spare bedroom, or my closet even. I am still afraid of the dark. At least a dog would be going nuts if someone was in the house and I wouldn't have to wonder.
So now, names. I had girl names picked out-Riley or Roxy-but I've not put much thought into boy names. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss. All I can think of is Butch, and that is a horrible name. I like Boomer, but I stole it. I need something original, tough but not too tough; it has to have a friendliness to it but still be mean sounding if need be. For instance, Duke. But I stole that one too.

No comments: