Friday, November 30, 2007

This morning and rottweilers.

I opened the blinds this morning and saw a white sky, covered as it were in clouds. It looks freezing.
I love Friday mornings. I don't have to go anywhere until 2. Except this morning I have to go teach kickbox in about an hour, but I don't mind that. I love that. Kickboxing is so releasing for me. Then we will go to Trader Joe's or maybe just Walmart (its closer) because right now all we have in our fridge are condiments, three eggs, a tiny bit of milk, and left over olives. Yum.
*************
The other day I got this wild hair in my pants and decided it would be the most fantastic idea to get a rottweiler, (whom I would name Riley), for a variety of reasons:
*Riley would sleep in my bedroom on the floor, right next to my bed, and tear to pieces any wacko who came into the house on the nights Joey is gone.
*No one would think about messing with me and Ethan on our walks or at the park with Riley at our side (no one has messed with us yet; I'm just being cautious).
*Rottweilers are so beautiful.
*They are MELLOW.
*Average shedders.
*They are known to be incredibly smart, loyal, and very good companions (exactly what I need!!)
But then we really got to think about it and it would be scary as Halloween to own a rottweiler because with any dog you're taking a chance, but if the rottweiler "accidentally" snapped at Ethan, or one of Ethan's friends, it could be really bad (they are also known to have the most powerful jaws of any dog).
So anyway, I think the rotty is officially crossed off the list. I'm sad about it. Besides, Joey said the most surest way to stop a wacko in our house is not a dog (although you can't tell me a rottweiler wouldn't help) but a gun.
Just the thought of it leaves me kinda weasy.
Well, now that I've left everyone with thoughts of rottweilers and guns and wackos--Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: