Friday, November 9, 2007

New dress!! New dress!!

Oh boy! Did I just get the steal of the year!
So three weeks ago or so I was at Macy's looking for a brown dress for Jess' wedding. I found a cute one that I love but I also found a different one that I loved even more, but it was the wrong color brown. More milk chocolate than dark.
It was one of those dresses that I saw and thought, well, I'll try it. It wasn't glamorous on the rack at all. It was almost old lady, but what the heck.
It was the first one I tried on and it felt so perfect. Sophisticated. Also Joey said it looked good with my hair cut (He is so cute!).
But, Alas, it was chocolate brown, not espresso like I'd been told to buy.
So I put it back.
And really I had almost forgotten about it until I was driving to work today trying to decide what I was going to wear tomorrow to Jess' shower. Then, like a floodlight in my brain: Ohmygosh I could get that dress! I could wear it tomorrow and also when we graduate!
So I zoomed over to Macy's and ran up the escalators. I momentarily got distracted by the adorable and so expensive dresses at the top of the escalators but then I remembered my mission and that I was going to be late to work.
I walked over to where the dresses were three weeks ago and there were only blue ones left. Like royal blue. Like SERIOUSLY old lady.
I decided to try and find something else. Macy's is full of cute clothes. So full in fact that I kind of enter a Macy's haze. It must be all the new clothes smell or something. Anyway, I started looking at other blouses, and I found two that I LOVED. They both cost about eighty dollars but like I said, I was in that Macy's haze and eighty dollars seemed almost reasonable.
I forget when I am not in "Macy's haze" I itch and squirm over spending forty dollars at Old Navy for THREE blouses.
I almost bought one of those blouses, and a pair of pants that also cost eighty dollars. I was about ready to head down to the shoe department too, but then I saw a sales lady. And because I had two hundred dollars worth of clothes in my hands, she was very helpful and friendly. I decided to try one more time to find my brown dress.
"Um, excuse me. I was here a couple of weeks ago, and there was these brown dresses? Um, yes, could you maybe check and see if they are all gone?"
So we walked to the discount racks and looked at all three before coming to the last one rack.
And there was my brown dress. My size and everything. For half price.
And then the scales fell and I thought, "What was I thinking??" And I grabbed my dress and would have dropped those other clothes if I had no tact but instead I carried them up to the counter and told the lady, "I don't want those, only this one."
And now I am at work and that dress is in my car and I still don't have any shoes to wear with it. I will probably go barefoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah for barefoot! And dresses! and my best friend throwing me a shower! It's in a few hours! I better go get my beauty sleep!