Monday, November 26, 2007

No Nap.

Today Ethan didn't take his nap. It's amazing and frightening really how once you become a parent your entire world revolves around successful naps.
Today was not successful. So now it's six fifteen (a horrible time for toddlers, even when they do have a good nap) and Ethan's eyes are bloodshot and every whimper from his mouth is a long, drown-out whine.
I am about to go insane.
Presently he is playing with our juicer, watching it go round and round in slow motion--like he's in a quiet trance. Maybe it is putting him in a trance. That would be nice.
Joey is still at school. I came home over an hour ago and am still wearing my coat because it's freezing in our house and I am just like this. Its from my dad, a hundred percent. Cold? Put on a coat. Are you inside? Doesn't matter. Double your socks. Wear a fleece hat. What ever you do, don't touch the thermostat.
Five minutes later...
Ethan told me (whined to me) that he wanted eggs. I made him scrambled eggs.
"Ethan, I made you your eggs. Come eat your eggs."
He runs out of the kitchen. "No."
I hate no nap days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet little Ethan? No way Danae! He couldn't possibly have said no to you! Missunderstanding? Probably! :)
Yeah, today I was told no, hit with a pencil, sent a kid to the principal's office 3 times...o you read that right 3 times, and listened to tantrums for what seemed like the entire afternoon ...my point: I hate no nap days too...o wait I'm the one who took away the naps...what the heck was I thinking!

Simon Jooste said...

I'm not the only one! Actually today was a good nap day for Andrew. He slept this morning and this afternoon (Daelynn babysat and she always seems to get him to nap well - probably because she plays with him the WHOLE time! He loves it!)

Danae said...

Yay! where have you been deana???I have really missed your responses. That ws so fun today to go back and read all the new ones. I can't wait to see Andrew when you come on the 18th. yay!!