Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday.

I took Ethan to the park this morning. His pants eventually were covered in the camel colored wood chips from the ground and before we went home he had a dark pink bruise under his left eye from falling into the stairs leading up to the twirly slide.
He loves to be outside. I do too, it just takes a little persuasion to get me out there. Like Ethan asking forty times, "Park? Park?" And I have to plan on staying there a while. None of this twenty minute park business. Ethan has to be there are least forty-five minutes for him to get in the car to come home without a meltdown.
There was no little kids at the park, just four boys on their skateboards in the skate park. I watched them and for the first time could sense the feel of skateboarding. Whenever I tried it when I was young I wasn't too scared to just go for it; oh I did that just fine and landed in the emergency room. But I was too silly to understand (or watch and learn) that you have to really put your weight into the board. Instead of bending my knees and really feeling the board, I probably stood there like a stick and told my best friend Heather to push me down some hill, hoping to get to the bottom without road rash all over my butt.
Anyways.
I am writing a persausive speech on why midwifery should be legitimized in Nevada. It's good for me because I am doing a significant amount of reading and learning why midwifery actually is such a great choice, at least for wimps like me who hate needles.
No but seriously they have so much to offer. There was a time when Joey and I were considering having our second in the hospital, but I am pretty convinced otherwise now.

1 comment:

Simon Jooste said...

I am trying to find parks to take Andrew to now - we've finally hit that stage. It's one of the only places I can take him and actually get a break (because he is so happy there). I love parks. You'll enjoy going to the park much more when you have more time next semester. I've just accepted that it's one of my daily "chores" for a while. And that's okay - Maybe when he's older he'll look back and say, "yeah, my mom took me to the park EVERYDAY when I was little. What a great mom!" Or, maybe he won't remember anything from this stage! But I will, and I am anticipating having lots of happy memories at the park.