Friday, January 18, 2008

Staying on Top.

As if you haven't seen enough of him...
I am at work. I haven't been here for two weeks. I am bored, there is a man here who won't leave and won't stop talking, and I have a headache from the chai I just finished. Fun times here in the Welcome Center.


I wonder what Trumando is up to-probably gnawing my dining room table chairs to bits. I bought Bitter Yuck and that seems to be helping; heck I accidentally got some on my fingers and then in my mouth and I about puked. The taste lingers, too. Poor Truman.


I took him on a walk around the block today and he did very well, meaning that he actually walked. I had to pick him up at the busy street because he just FREAKS OUT when he sees or hears a car whizzing by and I carried him the rest of the way home saying, "Good dog Truman. You did such a good job on your walk today. Good boy!" He nuzzled his snout between my neck and shoulders like it was all very traumatizing.


He is the sweet heart of all sweet hearts when he is tired or scared.


I took him over to Angel and Logan's yesterday because Joey is a little paranoid about his constant desire to bite everything in sight and I guess I have to admit I have been intimidated when he crouches down and then pounces on you like he is a lion and you are poor, helpless zebra meat. All the books say that you must distract them with a toy they can chew on, never yell, never hit--you will make them scared of you and bring out more aggression. But Angel and Logan take a different approach with their dogs, one that requires you to get on top of the dog and then hold it's head down and look them right in the eyes and say, "No bite!" in a very assertive, barking-like way until the dog submits.


Angel does this very well and I am trying really hard.


In other news, Ethan is now officially two in all of his whiny, melt-down glory. I feel out of control-I am not good at this laying-down-the-law stuff. Joey tells me he needs me to "be on top of it." I feel defeated. By both of them, Truman and Ethan, my two-little-asserting-their-wills-toddlers. Also, Ethan is obsessed with Veggie Tales now.



No comments: