Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rare Responsibility.

I called the tiger man and said we couldn't come see the puppy. It was heartbreaking. I was already dreaming about looking into those green eyes (he told me the puppy had green eyes). But I had to be smart and responsible and logical for a rare moment and admit that a potentially eighty or ninety pound pitbull might not be the best dog for our family. Even with a name like Tozer.
Joey and I had talked and we want a female, for size and maybe temperament reasons.
After I called and let tiger man know we wouldn't be coming to see the puppy, I told Joey, "That was really hard for me to do." And then a couple minutes later, "I think that was the hardest thing I have had to do in a while." And then again in the car on the way to dinner, "That was really hard. " He never really responded, just kept driving. I think we both wanted to slam each other's head into the dashboard.
But I feel better about it now. I have to go about this in a logical, responsible way, otherwise our marriage could suffer detrimentally. I have to go about it with patience for Joey. He is not ready for his grass to die from poop.

No comments: