Thursday, January 3, 2008

Riley.

Well, we drove to Doyle last night and picked up a puppy. And now it's a quarter to seven the next morning and Joey is driving her back to Doyle to give her back.
We couldn't really see that well last night because it was so dark but the poor thing is almost starved. Her ribs stuck out like a small rack of pork ribs you can pick up at Raley's. She sat on my lap the thirty minute ride home, warm and still. She barely moved. When we got her home she threw up and had diarrhea everywhere. And then after worrying about her all night, thinking I'd find her small, brown dead body on my kitchen floor this morning, when I did go to the kitchen she didn't even lift her head, but her dark eyes were open.
Every time I looked at her my heart broke and I got very frustrated we paid two hundred dollars for her.
We had bought a collar for her and a name tag in the shape of a little pink heart that said Riley on it. She wore it all night but this morning I took it off of her. I wish I would have let her keep it.
This is all so crazy I am sitting here sobbing.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry for Riley, and for all of you who had to have the disappointment. You'll find the right pet for your family soon. :)

Simon Jooste said...

It was so sad :( Even I felt sad for her - and I don't even like dogs. She was so cute, but so lifeless. I hope she's alright now that she's back with her family.