Thursday, January 17, 2008

Four Years: Forever.

Today is our anniversary. Four years. It seems like forever, both in the best and the worst ways. Joey is home to me; I can't imagine 'me' without 'him'; yet looking back these years have been long. Four long years of growing up fast and hard. We were married when we were twenty and saying "I do" was like stepping on an express train that has yet to slow down.
Sometimes I like the speed, the unexpectedness, but most of the time the constant motion leaves me feeling weasy and tired.
And ultimately overwhelmingly grateful because Joey is such an incredible man to go through life with me.
I sneak glances at this man in the car or while we are eating-glances that if he caught me would cause some awkwardness which I always think is weird when you are married, but whatever-and I always think, "Man, he is hot." And it is a deeper hot than I ever could have imagined when we were dating, a hot that encompasses a man who I now know fights for his family like Russel Crowe in Cinderella Man: with everything.
We are going to the Olive Garden. I'm looking forward to getting dressed up, and drinking wine which I finally can finish a glass of.

2 comments:

Deaira Dea said...

Happy Anniversary! :) How fun how wonderful how exciting! :) Hope you have a wonderful date tonight!

Simon Jooste said...

yes, happy anniversary! I remembered and then I forgot! I think I even called you on your anniversary and forgot to even say anything!! Oh well, how was your date at the Olive Garden?