Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rested.

I actually got to take a nap today. Do you know what that means? That all three of us, The Big One, The Little One, and The Crazy One (that's me) all were sleeping at the same time!!! I don't think this has ever happened in the history of our life together and will probably never ever happen again as long as we live! It was kind of like mama crack for me. I mean, I didn't really sleep, because I kept thinking I was hearing one of them cough or whine when really it was just the deep slumbering breath of one of my dumb dogs but I at least got an hour and half of quiet restfulness. And then I "woke up" and felt sane and not like my life is one big construction roller that can't stop.
Then to top it all off I made a hot bowl of tomato soup and sourdough cheesy bread, and I ate it in peace, listening to my refrigerator kick on, and then off, and then on again. Such a peaceful, comforting sound.
I am still getting over this cold but everyday I blow my nose less and this morning I noticed my mouth didn't feel like someone had torched all the moisture out of it so I must be sleeping with my mouth at least partly closed. I got some Elderberry today for the homeopathic side of things  and then a nose spray that you could probably use to terminate rats for the modern side of the things, just to cover all my bases.
I teach two exercise classes tonight, which will be the sixth and seventh I've taught or just done since Saturday. And I am supposed to be taking it easy. I am learning though that my body cannot take kickboxing at a hundred percent anymore. My back is old and stiff. I feel almost immobile in the mornings. I can't get my pants on or tie my shoes. It's freaking ridiculous. So I am learning to back off a little, take hot showers to relax my muscles, take time off from a hard work out to recover. I want one of those inverter things, like I mentioned before, and a hot tub, sauna, and personal masseuse. In the meantime I make do with really hot, long showers.
Now it is time to go clean. I am getting better at combining the things I love to do (fiddle-fart on the computer) with the things I must do (clean) to make our life run smoothly and in the end be enjoyable for everybody. I have dishes that look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa on both sides of my sink. Somebodies gotta do it. Cheers.

No comments: