Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday.

Don't mess with me today. First of all, I drank twice as much coffee as I normally do, doubling my heart rate and making my teeth clatter while at the same time dropping my blood sugar so that I am on the edge of becoming extremely irritable and then falling over and fainting. Also, I just got back from the sixth trip to the AT&T store, or Costco, where I am trying to take my phone back and get the upgrade returned as well. Supposedly this is a very complicated process and the ding dongs that work both at AT&T and Costco like to pretend I am a ping pong ball and that it is always "the other store's" issue why this is such a pain in the ass.
Then this morning when I was trying to skype with my sister who lives a world away and won't be coming back anytime soon,  the program kept shutting down on us, thirty seconds into our second sentence. Maybe I should try letter writing.
Annnnd it's Joey's first day back to work and chaos returned to normal this morning without him. I see I have my work cut out for me if I want the peaceful feeling to stay that was created when he was home. He's just better at raising the boys than I am in terms of schedules and eating on time and keeping the house cleaned.When I am in charge we play and then we all breakdown, and we eat snacks when we can. And we scramble to clean it all up before daddy comes home. Embarrassing, but true.  It's easy but it's not the healthiest way to live.
So, the effect of all of this--I forgot to mention I slammed Ethan's foot in the door of the car this morning; that was a great way to start an already hectic trip to the park--is that I have a knot in my stomach the size of a soccer ball and I am having trouble breathing, which is making me dizzy and light-headed, or maybe that's the coffee?
At any rate I feel a wee bit overwhelmed and the thought of throwing a new baby in the midst of all this seems just insane (I told you I think about that a lot), and to top it off I have a list of all these little, time consuming things I need to get done before the evening comes, and whenever I have a list of little things I need to do that I don't really know where to start I want to curl up in a ball on the couch and snuggle underneath a warm blanket and suck my thumb. OK, not really but you know what I mean.
I have to be careful what I say on here--my good friend and husband always is so good to remind me that some people don't know me and may think I am quite serious about things, like, for example, sucking my thumb.
I am not serious people! Jeese!
Heh.
But if I did suck my thumb...wink wink.
Anyway, it's been a crazy day and even if I wanted to I don't know if I could go take a nap right now my heart is pumping so fast.
I should probably try though. I have been trying to get over this cold for about a week. It's taken over. Moved in. Totally sabotaged my life. Everything I do has to be measured up against "The Cold". It doesn't let me exercise and it only wants me to eat really spicy foods and it's so dang thirsty all the time! It leaves me with a mouth as dry as the Sahara in the mornings with breath that would wilt a flower and probably kill small insects and a nose that looks like those cinnamon candies I love so much. When I breath I sound like piece of construction equipment. Which is all to say I should probably go rest. I hope I can keep my mouth closed.


2 comments:

Jill said...

I have had so much to do lately that I just sit around and blog, read blogs, and surf the internet because I have no idea where to start. Adam doesn't seem to think it's a great way to get things done. But what does he know?

Atria Lyric Overwise said...

I hate the too much coffee buzz, especially when I have a cold and it doesn't seem to help me feel less tired. I just end up feeling "zoomy" and exhausted to my core. Also, I looked into that class more, so I'll tell about it when I see ya :)