Sunday, January 2, 2011

Besides Not Taking Myself So Darn Seriously.

New Year's Resolutions, 2011.
1. Floss more. Flossing makes me feel so sexy, so grown-up, and so responsible all at the same time. I mentioned to Joey the other night that flossing makes me feel very sexy and he looked back at me like I had completely lost my mind. I guess that's a boy/girl difference thing.
2. Drink more water. I never drink water. Ever. I drink coffee, orange juice, beer, and wine. In the winter I also drink tea. But remember that whole eye thing? Well, one of the things I learned at the eye doctor was that I was so dehydrated it was affecting my vision. Oh, really? Normally things don't fade into each other, like one big orange blur?
So here I am, sipping on a cup of hot water. Not too bad really. Sometimes I put a couple teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in there too, because supposedly that stuff will prevent cancer and wrinkles and shit. My great grandmother drank it regularly and she lived quite independently right up into her nineties, so I am a believer; however, I am a little worried about what the acidity is doing to my teeth.
3. Drink less coffee. I say less because I usually have four cups or more in the morning and I don't really care about the caffeine so much as it making my teeth yellowish-brown. So I want to cut back, maybe. Or maybe I will just resolve to brush my teeth right after the coffee. A good brush at ten-o'clock in the morning is a great pick-me-up. Plus, come to think of it, extra brushing, the the middle of the day, makes me feel sexy too.
4. Start a book. About what? How to start? About what? How to end? About what?
5. Get all the details about going back to school. I would really like to go back and get my masters in writing, however, I need to get some guidance on this because of a few things: a, it's very expensive; b, my bachelors has done crap for me; and c, maybe I should get something practical, like a dental hygienist degree thing.
6. Work out more. Haha just kidding.
Then of course there are things I'd like to work on relationally, and emotionally, but we won't get into those here and honestly I am not sure what they are.
So what are yours?? And, (because I've never really had resolutions before) do you ever actually do them?
Cheers!

1 comment:

Deaira Dea said...

i'm thinking mine needs to be to eat less sugar... I dunno if its a post pregnancy thing or what but i feel like my favorite foods all contain sugar its what i crave all day :( and on busy days when its so much fun to pay with Jeriah and or to hold and cuddle Jeriah its so much easier to eat a few cookies than to make myself a REAL lunch. Hope yours work out hunny!