Monday, January 17, 2011

Seven Years. For My Hubby.

These pictures are out of order. I wish I was more techno savvy so that I could make this blog a little more understandable and easy to read, but work with me.  
Some of my favorite moments with you...
Santa Cruz, 2008. Bed and Breakfast on the ocean. Remember the hot tub on the roof, the waves making music against the dark sky?
.
San Fransisco, 2010.

 I had so much fun on this trip with you. It was fun getting to experience and learn something you love so much. I can't wait to go back!
Noah Jay's birth, Sept. 2009. This is one of my sweetest memories with you.  Ethan's would be too if I could remember anything about it besides the fact I almost died.

San Diego, 2008. I love playing with you especially in the summer when there's water around. I love to camp, work out, do yard work, eat, dance, and snuggle on the couch with you. There is no one I'd rather be with.
I feel thankful today, a little overwhelmed, and really proud to be having a seven year anniversary. In the long run it's only the beginning, but to tell you the truth, from the beginning I never thought we'd make it here. I just knew I'd have to take it one day at a time, and trust love to cover what it needed to each day.
And look, seven years later, what love has done.
I feel a richness in the tiny seven years we've been together, building a life. Grace has been abundant. I've learned so much about myself and about you. I love getting to know you.
I can't imagine how seriously lop sided I would be without you in my life. You help to make me a little straighter, less impulsive,  less unsafe. You've helped me become successful in goals I've always wanted to accomplish. I feel like with you behind me, I can do anything I want.
You make me so proud. I can't wait to see and experience and enjoy life with you over the next fifty years or so. I'm not as scared to get old knowing you will be with me.
Thank you for putting up with me. I know sometimes you feel like you have three children, not two. I know my forgetfulness and spaciness can drive you mad. I'm expensive. I try my best but I am only just beginning to understand how you see the world, and how I can help you. I know this blog gives you ulcers.
And through it all, you are the best friend a girl could have. There are no words, just a feeling in my chest that wants to explode with gratitude. Happy Anniversary.


1 comment:

Mama said...

I love that. I feel the same when I actually take the time to think about it. Blessed. Truely blessed. and the only thing I can attribute it to is our GOD!!! love you guys. and good job!