Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Focus.

I feel like I need a vacation from screens, and buttons, and all things electronic. Something like a month or two in the mountains with nothing but hot water and a blankie and the big trees to keep me company. Oh, and a lake. 
I got this new iphone to try and stay up with the times and really I don't know if it's the phone or if it's just me but my brain has turned into scrambled eggs.
There's too much going on people! Can't we just focus on ONE THING AT A TIME?! I read this awesome article about this woman who went to some place like Switzerland and learned how to focus on one thing at a time by milking goats.  It was enlightening, revolutionary really.  See, the thing was, the goats could tell if her mind was on anything else and the milk just wouldn't come out. She had to completely focus on them and the task at hand or they dried up like raisins in the sun.
I lack focus. My mind is always going going goiNG goING GOING!!!! It's hard to enjoy things, especially children, when my mind is always wanting to do stuff.
And they are cute. Tonight Ethan was a bunny with his jammy legs on his head for ears. He ate his whole dinner that way. Then we played school and he set up books as the children and when it was time to sit he would lay them all down and when it was time to stand he would stand them all up.
Laborious, I know. But also genius, don't you think? He was "Miss Fawn" and I was "Miss Amber" and led the "kids" in a song (the bad ones had to go to a time out chair) and then taught them about Saturn. "But, Miss Amber, why is SaDurn 'sad'?" I tried to explain it wasn't "sad" but "Sat" like "Saturday", but he didn't seem to really get it and kept looking at me like I was just making excuses.
 It was fun. I haven't had fun with him in a while. The clerk at Walmart (seems like lots of significant things happen at Walmart...) said out of the blue to me, "He's precious. We don't think so when we are raising them, but we miss them when they are gone." I don't even think I had a murderous mommy look on my face or anything, he just said it because he wanted to. And I needed to hear it after the last six days we've had with my first born.
"He's precious."
Yes, he is.




1 comment:

Mama said...

a much needed comment for sure! especially after tuesday! He is precious. They just need molding and training ;) which is exhausting!