Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eating.

I thought I was doing better with Noah and his refusal to eat.  I put a piece of hamburger meat in his mouth and he actually started chewing it. I looked away all happy and glowing inside until two seconds later when I happened to glance back at him and noticed he was rolling the meat out of his mouth with his tongue and then grabbing the tiny pieces off his chin with his fat fingers and throwing them to the dogs, just like normal. I gave him a desperate look and he looked back at me, his eyes saying, "What? That was totally disgusting. Any sane human being would do the same thing."
His table manners have gotten really, really bad. He throws spaghetti, cereal, or anything you put in front of him. He smashes it on his tray and then chucks it to the side or behind him. It would be hilarious if it weren't my kid, or my kitchen floor, or my laundry.
I don't know how he's surviving, but he seems to be doing just fine. He's got a little chub in the behind and he's growing tall.
His teeth are priceless. They are coming in at all different times and sizes and in all different places. It's like looking into a mouth full of miniature glaciers. And then when they all come together in that puffy cheek grin he does it just about busts your heart in a million pieces.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Same thing in my house. Besides Ketchup and ranch, i'm not sure branson is consuming much of anything. Seriously. It's nice to know I'm not alone. And I'm sure my decorated floor could rival yours, too :)

Deaira Dea said...

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/14/133629227/to-win-toddler-food-battles-take-a-softer-approach I read this article just yesterday... It may help you feel better. It does address table manners but it may help reassure you that he is eating :) Jeriah's not big on food either and it helped me :)