Thursday, October 21, 2010

That Pain in My Neck.

So as soon as the thing isn't all red and swollen and bloody I will post a picture or two. I had no idea you bleed getting a tattoo. Before he started I noticed the six inch high stack of paper towels and thought, now what could those be for?
Soaked in my blood, that's what they were for.
So the pain was like a small pocket knife carving the design into my flesh, or someone with super long nails popping two thousand pimples on my back, like for three hours.
However, and I just have to say this, compared to a long labor, on a scale from one to ten, the pain of a tattoo is like a two. I mean, for Pete's sake he stopped every three seconds or so to re-dip the ink. One side of my shoulder was like a hundred times worse than anywhere else for some reason. It wasn't on a bone or anything, it just hurt like the devil. That's really the only time I wanted to back kick the guy right in the nuts.
The artist was very nice, and when I shook his hand I noticed how soft it was. He was a L.A. lifeguard for like ten years before becoming a tattoo artist. The L.A. county had to implement a tattoo policy because of him. He's married and has a little girl, who's two and a half.
He put me at ease and did a fantastic job on the tattoo. Can't wait to show all of you!!

2 comments:

amy coverdale said...

Can't wait to see it!! I'm so curious!!! :)

jdenwell said...

Look forward to seeing your cute tattoo.