Friday, October 8, 2010

Regular Life, Including the Ferris Wheel.

So the other thing I can't get out of my head lately is that I am going on twenty eight years old, and I should have done more by this point. Like owned my own business or something. Or at least have written a book. Because getting married before I could legally drink, finishing my BA, owning a home complete with two dogs (let me re-phrase that: PAYING-up the woohooaloo, mind you-for a home, complete with two dogs), and working random jobs every couple of years to work with our family schedule hasn't been enough.
I mean, I should be famous by this point, right? Twenty seven seems really significant for some reason. I think about being old all of the time. Passing up my prime. Losing all creative inspiration and energy and slipping into the blah blah boring stage of life. Sometimes I get a happy thought and think maybe in my thirties I will be over this and not care about being old and boring...I will just have accepted it.
Which when written down, doesn't seem so happy.
Anyway.
Today is going to be a great day, in my regular, non-famous, non-CEO life: I have the morning off, Joey is coming home at one, and we are going to Scheels to ride the ferris wheel.
Then Joey and I have the evening together (va va voom!) and tomorrow we drop the kids off at Nawnie's so we can drive three hours or so into Northern California so Joey can run in the Tough Mudder race.
I considered it, until I realized it is eight miles (EIGHT MILES PEOPLE) of mud and obstacle course like terrain. And then I decided I would rather dress cute and watch from the side lines, wearing my sunglasses and sipping on a dark brew.
Then Sunday is church (I love church!). Plus the Giants are playing, and I actually am sincerely getting into it. I told Joey I would be even more into it if I had some cute girl Giants T-shirts and maybe a hat.
Come to think of it, we are going to Scheels today...
So for now, I will try to be nice to myself and enjoy today for what it is. I will never have it back, and probably, when I am published and famous I will look back and say, Man, those were the days, when the boys were all cheeks and precious and all we did was shop and ride the ferris wheel.