Thursday, April 28, 2011

Special Thursday.

It's Thursday. Thursday is when I get to scrub my toilet bowls. You'd think I'd hate Thursdays but I don't. There is something wonderful about getting the whole house cleaned all at the same time, or at least in the same day.
OK, that's happened like once since I've lived here, but it was really nice that one time.
This morning as I lay half asleep in my bed and Ethan came in like he always does to tell me he's awake (so nice of him) and that he is going to go get breakfast (Good! Go!) I had a warm moment in my heart and snuggled up with him. He smelled really good, like strawberry yogurt, so I told him, "You smell good!" to which he replied, "You don't!"
I promptly told him to get out of my bed.
Later I tried to skype with my sister on the other side of the world  but certain munchy munchkins weren't cooperating, so we kept it short.
Then we went to the park where we braved the wind to see an old friend and her crew. It really wasn't as bad as I had anticipated it to be, I just couldn't see where in the heck my kids were because there was so much hair blowing in my face.
Today is a special Thursday though because it's my husband's birthday. It's also the anniversary of our very first date.
We went to a trendy little place called De Gru Nez or something french like that to watch their open mic (I'm sure it was spectacular!) and what I remember about that first date is that he ordered coffee and I ordered water. Water! What a cukeball! I must of still been anorexic at that point, obviously.
Even with my obvious issues he still wanted to date me after that, and here we are. I still have obvious issues but at least I eat somewhat normally. 
 I'd love to write some mushy gushy thing on here for him but what I know he would really like for his birthday is for me to NOT write about him on my blog, ever.
So- HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY! the end.
I start the new job on Monday. And no, I do not have my outfit picked out yet (but I better go do that!)
Other than all that I am looking forward to the weather being somewhat consistently warm. All this cold, windy nonsense makes me grouchy.
It's supposed to be sunny and warm by the weekend which is great because we are going to Little League Day and the Aces. I can't wait! I will take pictures and be sure to post something.  Now I need to get back to scrubbing those toilet bowls. Yipee!






2 comments:

Jill said...

Come scrub my toilet bowls, too!

P.S. I'm coming to Reno in July, we should totally get together. Our kids would most definitely be able to entertain each other.

Danae said...

I'd love to meet up! How crazy to think of our kids running around together! Let's do it!