Friday, April 8, 2011

Guess Who Got to Go Shopping.

So the boys went over to my friend Lillian's house for a play date yesterday because Lillian is Mother Teresa of 2011. I swear if I had any power whatsoever I would make her a saint. Not just for yesterday but for twenty five years of love: first to me when I was young and now to my boys. Boggles me.
Anyway, I had about four hours to myself and Lillian lives very close to my favorite place in Reno: THE LEGENDS!!!!!!(on and on forever).
I went to work on my work wardrobe. Seeing as I have almost nothing that would be appropriate for the office, I have a lot of wonderful days of shopping ahead (all spread out over my entire career of course. In case any of you -Joey-were wondering).
I went to the GAP because I was looking for basics:
A black pencil skirt (check!)
A white button up (check!)
Slacks in black, grey, or brown (check!)
Fitted blazer (check!)
Closed toed pumps in gray or some versatile color other than black, which I already have (not yet).
Professional bag (My hobos send a very bad message, or so I've read. So sad).
I spent a whole crap of money and then went to F21 (how could I have ever doubted?) and found a bunch of the same stuff only cuter and for half the price. So then I went back to the Gap and returned about half the stuff I bought. You know the sales person loved me.
I took some pictures for all ya'lls pleasure. I am so pumped. This is by far the most fun part of getting the new job (much to my husband's dismay, but I digress).
So here we have a ruffled sleeveless top (F21) with black skinny jeans (GAP). These are my first skinny jeans ever! I am so hip! And to finish off we have some black pumps (I think these are pumps? Still learning the lingo. Pumps sound like white eighties tennis shoes). 
Here's that same little outfit with a navy blazer (F21). I plan on wearing this pretty thing with everything since I am cold until we hit mid nineties or so. I am especially excited to wear it with all my little dresses I have collected with over the years that otherwise would not be so office friendly.
Switched up the top here with another little ruffle blouse. I love this look. Everything is nice and basic and then you get to throw in a girly, flirty, pattern.
I am so excited about this pencil skirt (GAP)! It's soft and fits my body and height perfectly! The jacket was a steal at F21. You'd probably be able to get an even better effect of the professionalism oozing from this out fit if  1.) I had some hose on my white legs 2.)  there wasn't laundry that needs to be folded in the background.
This is my replacement for the traditional button up. Gap had one but it was thirty bux or something ridiculous on sale and it was just frumpy looking. Reminded me of the dentist for some reason. This shirt, although see-threw as a pair of sheer pantyhose, is girly and sweet. I think a white cami underneath will do the trick.
I think I have a great start! I got some other staples too-two capris, dark and light, a dark denim pencil skirt, and a long sleeve navy striped button up. The only essential things I am missing are some variety in my shoes. I told my husband I only need to buy one more pair but I may have lied. I also need to get a new, stiff bag. I have never had a stiff bag. To me they say one thing: Stiff. However, I guess they also say clean, organized and professional. My soft floppy (and messy) purses will have to be reserved for the weekend.





2 comments:

Mama said...

I lovelovelovelove the last picture outfit! HOT!!! and professional!
So excited for you, miss business woman!

Charel said...

maurices in spanish springs has really nice slacks! the only ones i can find to fit my body right i have chocolate brown ones with a brown, red, mustardy yellow printed cami and mustardy yellow cardigan from there that i wear to every interview and the whole outfit was like $50. also charlotte russe has cheap cute heels usually buy one pair get the second pair half off or for $10 or i just saw a commercial saying ross is having a shoe sale..im a shoe freak! :]