Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dreams Do Come True.

A long long long time ago I was pregnant. I went to this art show and being the sentimental, hormonal, irrational first time pregnant girl I was, I spent way too much money on this print:
I think I almost cried when I saw it. I had all these visions of Joey playing baseball with our unknown baby in a beautiful muted sunset, wild flower field. You pregnant women know what I am talking about. It's been hanging in Ethan's room since the day he was born, and all of a sudden in the midst of life this picture is happening.
Ethan started T-ball a couple of weeks ago and his anticipation is about ten times any emotion you get from the above print. He is pumped. Unfortunately due to the wonderful spring weather we have been having in the forties the last three games have been canceled. 
Everyday he wants to wear his uniform to church, or school, or Nawnie's house. He has to show everyone. And if he is not wearing it, he is talking about it: what the bumps on the bottoms of the cleats are for, how to squeeze your mitt to catch the ball, what his first hit off the T is going to be like. 
Cooking his pre-game breakfast.
This morning he was up at six, already fully dressed and ready for his game, which is not until eleven thirty.  I told him he can't wear his cleats in the house (it's like someone hammering on my kitchen floor) and we had to take the bat, mitt, and ball away until game time because the boys could not stop fighting over them. Otherwise, though, it's completely awesome. Better than anything I could have imagined five long years ago.
What a champ!


2 comments:

Mama said...

ugh...LOVE!!! He is such a doll!

Anonymous said...

that picture of him making HIS breakfast just about made me cry.
Oh. i wish I could know him like you do and will.. sweet precious boy you have. love you all.
daelynn