Sunday, May 23, 2010

Onward.

I miss Joey today (oh go cry me a river), and am eating my way through an entire bag of Kettle Corn. I thought about myself in a bathing suit for a second and then dismissed it and put another handful in my mouth.
Went to church today. Louie spoke on forgetting what lies behind (even the good stuff) and reaching for what is ahead. This hit my heart because the thing that God has been whispering to me is that part in Proverbs 31 where it talks about the perfect lady "laughing at the days to come" or something like that. Like she actually looks forward to the future.
Revolutionary stuff. Anyway.
I am singing again. In the shower, in the car especially. Ethan tells me he doesn't like my singing and he doesn't want me to do it when he's around. I told him he could at least ask nicely. It hurt my feelings.
Then I dropped the "I'm the mom" bomb and told him I can sing where and whenever I want to.
Boo-ya.
We play our guitars and sing together. Sometimes he bangs on his drum with a maraca, shooting up an occasional fist pump when the music gets especially loud.

2 comments:

Mama said...

I LOVE your singing! how fun to play music with your children. I am just starting to do that with Tallulah.

Deaira Dea said...

I always love it when you sing... :) There are some songs that always make me think of you when I hear them because I remember you singing them :) Make a joyful noise! :) Love you!