Thursday, May 20, 2010

I forgot the boys.

This is incredibly embarrassing and somewhere deep down it REALLY makes me wonder why God gave me children, but here it is: I forgot the boys. Not once. Two days in a row.
Both times I didn't even realize it until I came into the house and Joey asked, "Where are the boys?"
Boys? Ahhhh CRAP. and then turn around, get back in my car which I just spent thirty minutes driving home, and drive back to the babysitters, round up and load up two tired and hungry honeys, and then drive back home.
One and a half hour car rides home from work are not fun.
Neither is making what feels like the most stupid and irresponsible mistakes.
I talked to Joey about it, and I felt, due to my incompetence in anything out of my normal routine, that I needed to ban my use of my cell phone while I am driving. Other than that, I am at a loss.
I use a day timer and a calender, all which served me ZERO the last two days. Joey even texted me yesterday because I forgot them the day before: don't forget to pick up the boys.
I texted back: Thank you for reminding me!
Can you even begin to imagine how maddening it was driving BACK to G. Patty's?
Crazy hospital worthy maddening.

No comments: