Thursday, May 27, 2010

Before Dinner.

Ethan came home today and told me we were going to have a "worship service." He then closed all the blinds in the whole house-"It has to be dark, mom."-and then got out his guitar and busted out, "How Great is Our God."
This was all pretty darn amusing and I smiled to myself as I made fried rice in the kitchen, listening, in the dark.
Then he came into the kitchen with his plastic microphone and said he was Louie and that I was his wife. "Lights, please. Someone get the lights." He went on with a mini sermon-" We worship God because He wants us to. Jesus died. He is our Saviour. My wife will tell you who he died with. Wife? Wife!"
What..what?? Oh right, right. That's me. "Um...I don't really know...a thief and some other guy."
"Yes, right. A thief and some other guy."
I listened like he was really teaching me something new, and he was: He is very aware of everything going on around him. He wants to be like certain people already. It's crazy.
When he first started with the whole play-worship-service business the first thought in my brain was Great. He's gonna be a Jesus dork.
I know, I know. It's horrible, seeing as I am the one who is taking him to church every Sunday. And I am, and almost everyone he knows is, a-hem, a Jesus dork. What do I expect? What do I want? Him to be make-believing he's Angus in AC/DC? Or even better, Axel Rose? Mercy, I am a horrible mother.
But by the end of the whole ordeal my heart broke and I was amazed and so proud of how brilliant he is. Every Jesus loving part of him.
I put Noah to bed tonight and he just cracked me up. I propped him up so that he was holding on the side rail and then we laughed at each other like we were drunk. Went like this: he laughs. Then I laugh. He laughs again. Then he starts to lean to one side, because he hasn't really figured out how to stand right, and we just keep laughing at each other until he loses it and falls completely over and the last thing I see are his jammy feet in the air, right above the crib bumper. Then he flips over like a fish and giggles like he can't stop. It's drop dead hilarious. You can't pay for better entertainment. We did it like five times.

1 comment:

jdenwell said...

Kids are Awesome!!