Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Noah's Diet.

Reason number four hundred million billion and ten why I feel like a failure as a mother: Noah's current diet consists of milk and graham crackers. OK, and an occasional Christmas cookie. I try to feed him other things but they almost instantly get chucked on the floor to be devoured by the dogs with an innocent (but not so innocent) "Uh-oh!" from little picky pants.
Oh and raisins, he will eat raisins. But they don't count because they come out the other end whole and undigested.
I think it would be such a cool experience to be a mom and not feel like a freak'en failure ninety nine percent of the time.

4 comments:

Emery Jo said...

If it helps, I have felt this EXACT SAME WAY for a long time, but especially in the last few days.

All my friends whose kids have allergies have them on these strict whole food diets with supplements and vitamins and raw vegetables and blah blah blah, and yet I feel like I can finally breathe again when I can get my kid to eat ONE greasy chicken nugget.

I pretty much cried all day yesterday because of it. (And somehow that helped.)

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! ;)

Atria Lyric Overwise said...

Hi Danae, I'm not sure how else to get an email to you, but said I'd let you know when I had a blog. Oh, and my new name is Atria ;0)
Here's the link http://ATetheredNomad.blogspot.com
See you soon!

TimmyMac said...

All Jadon eats is PB&J, macaroni cheese, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese pizza, and chicken nuggets . . . That is it . . . Okay, maybe some Top Ramen sometimes . . . Grace isn't much better . . . We feel your pain and share your parental guilt . . .

Deaira Dea said...

Jeriah doesn't eat much yet but he's not really "supposed" to yet... but there are days when i relize i haven't fed him anything other than breastmilk all day. I rationalize it with the fact that he isn't super interested in solids yet ut when i do remember he can eat real food its usually a piece of cookie or some other junky thing. We're all in this mommy thing together!