Saturday, December 11, 2010

Expectations, Denied. Again.

I got my dermal yesterday in my tattoo. It's a little sparkly and so fun. I decided to re-pierce my belly as well, thinking that I have the scar anyway, there might as well be a cute sparkly thing in there.
Well.
Turns out your skin isn't in the exact same location as it was pre-pregnancy. So my belly button ring is all off to the left of where it should be. It's like I got a side-belly button ring. Maybe it'll be the new hip thing, but probably, no.
Gawd. It looks a little weird and really off. It almost makes me dizzy.
I'm trying to roll with it, sometimes telling myself it's just the scars of motherhood, and every time I look at the crooked thing I could think warm lovely thoughts of my children...but mostly it just irritates me and makes me touch it, trying to get the darn thing in the center so I am surely going to end up with an infection because you aren't supposed to touch it at all. And I can't stop trying to shove it over to where it should be, only to watch it slowly sag back to the left.
It's pitiful, really.
The dermal is where it should be though. And getting one thing right out of two isn't so bad. Maybe it's a good thing I can't see it very well because I can't analyze the crap out of it and find some reason as to why it has failed my expectations, too.
Other than that, things are going well. We are going to a crazy Christmas party this weekend, and my Christmas present is that I get to go tanning (HELLO??? When did tanning get so dang expensive? It's more money per minute than a massage. I seriously got ripped off). But I am going anyway, three times before next Friday. Then I get to get my nails done and my toes and I got new shoes to go with my favorite little black dress. I know what I will be wearing down to my earrings and purse, even my make-up.
I get a little excited about these things.
And I am just praying my dermal doesn't get infected because that would be a huge rain on my parade, since my back is totally exposed in my dress and some nasty red oozing thing would not be attractive, and I would end up wearing a turtleneck and be really pissed off the whole evening.
So if you want to say a prayer for me and my piercing too, that would be great.



4 comments:

Charel said...

how was the pain on your dermal? I want to get two dermals on the dimples on my low back but I'm scared it'll hurt...

Danae said...

Not too bad Charel...I mean, after four hours of tattoo, a second of piercing is nothing right? It's still a little sore now though, and I hate the healing/cleaning process.

Amy said...

You are not alone. I've had my belly piercing for 11 years now. I had to take it out for a month or two at the end of both pregnancies but I managed to get it back in! My poor belly button isn't the same though after all the stretching.... but for some reason I can't make myself take it out!

Anonymous said...

wish i could have given you my belly button "piercing hole"..

with no ring in it for over two years.. it's still in tip top open order.. chuy doesn't think much of it if i do put a ring in it.. o-well.. always wanting what we don't have.. once my body is pieced .. it forever is pierced.no closures.

can't wait to see everything!

daelynn