Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hooky.

Ethan's drawing of me and my friend Jen. I think we kind of look like flies.
The new 'do.
My Little Barfymuffin. When he's not barfing.
What a funny day today. Woke up and after asking God to forgive me for secretly being happy we weren't going to church (Noah was barfing all last evening) so that I could get a bunch of errands done, the day basically turned into a pile of poo.
We were just about forty five minutes behind and everyone was crying and cranky and hungry, so our errands turned in a nightmare. Then Ethan's attitude has been like an army general on crack, and add Noah's barfyness to the mixture, and I am pretty much sick of being a mom.
Joey however is home, so the planets seem to be lined up right in at least one area. We're back to getting through the bedtime routines and then snuggling on the couch under a blanket with a glass of wine and Bones or House or Lie To Me.
It's so good to have him home, close, so I can touch his skin, smell him. He goes back to work today, and life goes on.
It's just been one of those days where I underneath everything that we are doing I am pleading with the Lord, God! Redeem this damn day!
Sex helps. Writing helps. Going and getting my nails done or shopping or tanning helps too, but those things need babysitters, or at least a husband who is not sleeping. I find myself lately going from one form of relief to another, and it makes me feel like I am not on good terms with God, because if I were I would be OK without my drugs of choice.
I wanted to wrap Christmas presents today, and write our Christmas letter and stuff them in cards, and think warm gooey thoughts of friends and family as I addressed envelopes. Instead, I realized we somehow forgot the bag with the two boxes of cards in them at the store, and when I sat down to write the letter the first two sentences I managed to get out sounded really over the top and cheesy, like I was trying to cover up some really crappy day with exclamation points.
In other news I chopped my hair as a surprise for Joey coming home. I decided this would be better than me trying to re-paint the whole house while he was away, which turned out to be a good idea seeing as I barely got the dishes done. It's a compromise cut: he likes my hair short, and I like it longer, so I got sort of like a mullet in reverse: the front is long and the back is short. It makes us both happy.

1 comment: