Monday, December 13, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup.

I'm sipping on some Lipton instant chicken noodle soup, which has no chicken in it. I bought it at Wal-mart the other day with my Grandma, who I call Grammie. She actually bought it for me, because even though I am grown up now and perfectly capable of buying my groceries, I think there is some Grandma rule out there that says Grandmas cannot let their grandchildren pay for anything if they are in a store together.
Sometimes I just crave this soup. It's salty and so full of MSG it might just turn me into a mutant tonight. But the smell, even just ripping open the pouch, is beyond comforting. I even debated today for about twenty minutes if I really wanted it today. If the MSG was worth it, if I really really really wanted to taste it today or if I should wait and have it when I am sick or something. I finally gave in, and I am so glad I did. It is so warm and good!
Sometimes all the crap is totally worth it.

1 comment:

Lindsey Briggs said...

this is so funny and exactly what I go through when I'm craving something horrible like Arbys. Thanks for putting it into words!