Sunday, October 18, 2009

You can't ever really get away from being mommy.

I went to the mall yesterday and had my face done at the Bobbi Brown counter. I felt like I needed a make-over of some sort, something to make me feel young and pretty.
It kinda worked.
The lady who worked on me was older (mind 50's) and her eyeliner was thick and black, taking up her whole eyelid. She was new and insecure, but sweet and kind too. She also gave me a nice thick line of eyeliner on each eyelid, which by the end of the day felt so heavy it was making my eyes close. In fact by the end of the day, my whole face felt like it was drooping there was so much make-up on it. And that was just the "day wear"--don't get me near the "going out" look.
Jen and Lily came too. Lily was good for almost the whole time. At the end, when she was screaming her head off and Jen's old make-up lady was rolling her eyes impatiently every time Jen reached down to give her the pacifier, I was reminded again how hard it can be to be a mom, especially a new one. Thinking about being a mom made my milk come in (or maybe it was Lily's cry) and as I sat there getting my mascara applied for me, I wondered if big wet spots were forming on my shirt. I put my arms up and put pressure on my boobs, something I have to do at the end of everyday at work when my milk decides it's time and lets down. (Unfortunately, this is also the time the parents are picking up their kids and I am walking around holding my breasts in the most inconspicuous way possible, if one exists, which I don't think it does.)
It is what it is.
I did like the lip base and liner and lipstick, so I am putting them on my Christmas list.

No comments: