Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's a good day over here.

Uncles are the best, right up there with airplanes or ice cream.

Nawnies are special too, especially when they wear matching outfits.

Kisses from auntie. (The mohawk is unintentional.)

Our attempt at a family picture. Pretty much captures our life exactly.
This morning I woke up to Noah screaming his red face off, and Ethan telling me, "I WANT MY BREAKFAST FIRST!" (Usually Noah gets preference; he's the loudest.) So I said OK, you can have it first.
I sorta melted out of my bed and somehow made it to the bathroom to pee--at this point in the morning Ethan always asks me, "Are you going poop, or just pee?" to which I always reply, "Just pee." but this morning decided if I don't want to answer this question every morning for the rest of my life I better explain--"I don't usually poop in the morning, honey. It's always just pee."
We'll see if he asks tomorrow.
Anyway, by the time this was all done, and I got Ethan his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and some milk, Noah was sleeping, and I felt like the worst mama ever to let him cry himself to sleep. Don't children who get neglected have serious issues when they are older?
Logically I know this is probably good for him, and for me. But emotionally I feel he is ruined.
Today we are going to the pumpkin patch with Deana and Andrew. I am so excited! I want to put pumpkins everywhere. They have to be one of the cutest things ever invented by God.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!! Enjoy your time at the pumpkin patch!! It will be fun!!

Love,
Fran

Lindsey Briggs said...

I love your new blog layout :-) I'm sure Noah is not emotionally ruined because he had to cry for 15 minutes while you peed and got cereal for you other child. There is a big difference between that and babies who really are neglected, left along crying for hours on a consistent basis. Noah is getting to learn at a very young age that he is not the center of the universe- a very valuable lesson that many grown-ups still don't get! Anyway, you are doing a great job! Miss you!

Jessica Mapa said...

I love that picture of them reading on the bed...you should frame it for your mommy!