Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blessings and miracles in the morning.

My first day back at work was refreshing. The schedule, having to get dressed, having to be nice and smile at people even if on the inside I feel less than Miss Perky--are all good things, grace to my own heart. God is good and directs our paths, that is for sure. I would never have chosen this job; there are still moments when I miss my old job terribly, but I know those feelings aren't good for me or my family. This new job works. The schedule, the stress level, the people I am with all day--it's a safe, good place for my soul. The old job was good for my pride and checking account.
The kids were all so good, I even thought some of them were cute at times.
I am praising God this morning, blessed to see His work and care in my life.
And Noah smiled for the first time today. Well, actually he did it yesterday, but I wasn't really sure if it was a fake farty one or not. But today there was no doubt--his eyes were involved, bright and steady as they looked back at me. The world stopped, and I sat in awe for a second, overwhelmed and feeling quite unworthy, like I just witnessed a miracle.
Which, I suppose, is exactly what it was.

No comments: