Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What do you want?

This is a fun writing exercise--just start writing whatever pops in your head.
I want to paint pumpkins. I want to make pretty blankets with soft, pretty yarn, the kind you buy at a yarn store, not Wal-mart. I want to be a ballerina, or it least be as strong and flexible as one. I want a new car, and a new wedding ring. I want to take the time to cook yummy dishes. I want to run, three days a week. I want to run a 13K. I want to teach kickboxing again. I want to become a yoga instructor and teach somewhere. I want to love my dogs better. I want to be more patient with Ethan. I want to love Joey in total freedom--his and mine. I want a tattoo. I want to dance again. I want to sing again. I want to take voice lessons. I want to take a painting class. I want to take a dance class. I want to be a better teacher: more creative with my crafts, more responsible with my planning. I want to be more confident, especially when talking with parents, or anyone I think is cooler than I am. I want to care about people when I am talking to them. I want to believe that God created me for good works, and that my mind and my thoughts have value. I want to redecorate my master bedroom, I want it to be romantic and pretty and comfortable. I want to travel with Joey--Italy, Costa Rica. I want to stay connected to Brazil. I want to always remember Portuguese. I want to play my guitar and get good at it, more than the chords. I want to host parties, with good friends and wine and dessert. I want to give meaningful gifts, and wrap them so pretty. I want to not be afraid of getting old. I want to look into the future with more hope than fear. I want to be excited about what is to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want you to know how cool i think you already are.

Deaira Dea said...

Amen you are cool and wonderful your bedroom is romantic and gorgeous! I will help you anytime you like with cooking yummy amazing food and tanglisg soft fluffy yarn into snuggly blankets! :)

Charel said...

if u start teaching kickboxing again i so want to be a student! and i agree with my sister your room is gorgeous, your whole house is! and i think your awesome as well!

Danae said...

I really wasn't fishing for complements but I will take them,:) thank you girls, you are very dear to me.