Sunday, August 16, 2009

Insomnia.

I did not sleep last night. Not one half hour, not one minute. I DID NOT SLEEP. I watched the outside world get lighter. In the morning Google told me this is a common issue in pregnancy. Seriously? Can this get any more fun?
So right now (it's about five in the evening), I feel pretty much almost dead. My head is pounding and my eyes ache.
How did I miss all this when I was pregnant with Ethan? I felt like Audrey Hepburn with a bubble under my shirt the whole time: pretty, and like I could float anywhere I went.
And then at the craft fair this weekend I had a man ask me how many more minutes I had left till the baby fell out.
So when I got home, I figured it out, so the next time someone asks me such a nice, polite question I will have an answer: fifty thousand four hundred minutes. And thank you for reminding me.
I am taking Ethan to the park to hit the ball and ride his bike. He has been such a trooper with me and all my pregnancy blues. He gives me hugs and is quite happy to watch a movie while I try to sleep. He is so excited to meet Noah, and get his Gordan train which I promised him once he is a big brother.
I am blessed by his love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it!! .. minutes until he drops.. you're still sassy and that's a good sign.. i was thinking ethan will need a little something special when noah comes so he's not left out. ..when you're the baby the attention is always there.. i have a shirt for him with trains on it.. hope it fits. see you soon.. i cant wait..
and i start work next wednesday.. :(

daelynn