Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Doctor Visit.

Went to the doctor today and she said as far as she can tell this baby is head down. Heck yes he is head down--I could have told her that from all the pressure down there. Yeah, his head is right there, like a small boulder I'm holding with my pelvis all day long.
It's root'en toot'en wonderful, especially when I lie down on my side (so I won't kill the baby due to loss of oxygen or blood or whatever) and it feels like my hips are about ready to collapse. And yes I have a freaken pillow between my legs.
On a brighter note, I feel really good. I love exercising even though I must look completely ridiculous on the elliptical, sweating and totally getting into it with my big belly along for the ride, but I don't care. I am not swollen (yet) and my belly is big, brown and beautiful, without one single stretch mark (don't worry ladies, I make up for this with all the cellulite on my butt and thighs).
Joey came with me to the doctor. He's come the last three times, which means pretty much the world to me, even though we don't talk while we are there. He looks at People and checks his phone, and I put lotion on and eat Tic Tacs. When the doctor, who I have been seeing for a good six months now, calls me "Dana" about ten or twenty times, neither of us say anything. I picture myself cussing her out while I am in labor and she tells me (Dana) that I am doing such a good job. She is really nice and I really don't want to do that.
I plan to tell her my real name next time as we walk to the elevators.
I lean into Joey when the elevator door closes, like it's a private little bubble made just for us for three seconds. I think this act of intimacy works because I know it will be over so quickly, that soon we will have something to do, like walk out of the elevator, and there is minimal awkwardness.



2 comments:

Lindsey Briggs said...

I loved it when Dan came with me to the appointments. And I can totally relate to your moment in the elevator :-) Something weird.. even with your descriptions of how dang uncomfortable it is, you still make me miss being pregnant... love you!

Anonymous said...

:( wish I could be there with you.. hha.. dana.. not my favorite name.. chuy would have been glaring at me if i were in your situation because i get this nasty look on my face when people aren't the way i think they should be or they're calling me the wrong name .. getting liana's birth certificate was awful, i'll tell you about it sometime. it's really awful my arrogance it think is what it boils down to. . I would have gotten a swap on the butt for it..i'm glad he goes.love you all (all 4!)
daelynn