Sunday, January 4, 2009

Who knew? I love trains.

OK, so the birthday party one week after Christmas was a little much. Too many presents for one thing. You know you have a little problem when you are thinking about needing a bigger house to store all your kid's toys.
He got this killer train set handed down from his second cousin. It takes up my entire living room with mountains and bridges and tunnels. Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying setting it up. Which is all we did yesterday, set up this humongous train track.Which is one reason why I am loving being at home. Not having anything to think about besides my family, my church body, my friends. I keep waiting for the boredom to come, the frustration that seemed to be so constant before when I tried to "just" be at home. But the only thing I'm feeling is sleeping in until at least seven every morning, enjoying a cup of coffee every morning, Ethan's off the wall, crazy sentences he uses all the time now, naps in the afternoon, yummy homemade chili and macaroni and cheese, and candles burning all day long. Oh and baths. Lots of baths. And of course setting up train sets, all day long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!!!! Thanks for putting in there that you get to think about your Church body. So important to remember how vital our body is in our life...its our body!

Deaira Dea said...

I second Jessica... and we have the most wonderful church! I love we can stay in touch with our blogs too :) Staying home all day building train sets and drinking coffee playing with an adorable energetic 3 yr old sounds like the most fun!!! So Glad you're enjoying it!

Simon Jooste said...

it is so sweet to hear the contentment in your voice about being a mom. Working all those months was worth it just to make you appreciate these moments at home. I can't wait to be in Reno so Andrew and I can come over and play trains with you too. I'm trying to chill out more and just enjoy being home too instead of trying to be so productive all the time. I feel like I have to be "doing" something productive all the time for some reason. When really, playing with Andrew is one of the MOST productive things I could be doing!!