Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Lear Numero Dos Baking in the Oven.

And when I say baking, I mean it. My tummy is so warm, like all of a sudden things are moving and grooving in there, which I guess they are. It's just cool to be so aware of it.
Of course, there are times when suddenly I don't feel pregnant, and I think, shoot! the little dot died!, which could be true, but I talked with my sister and she said we shouldn't think that way, shouldn't worry. Just be thankful to have this little life growing each and everyday, just like we should be thankful for any life: our own, Ethan's. Makes sense.
I didn't give a second thought to miscarrying with Ethan. Not a second thought. Maybe I didn't even know anyone who did, so I thought only old, unhealthy, ladies had them. Five years later, I know young, very healthy sisters and friends who have miscarried. Lots of them.
So anyway today this pregnancy feels very much like I am not pregnant; my stomach is just protruding a bit and it's softer than usual. And of course warm.
There is the daunting task of choosing a doctor. Just the thought kinda makes me want to puke. I have to have this baby in the hospital, seeing how that last one almost murdered me (just thinking about it gives me chills of terror) but I am still a home birth wacko at heart. It just seems like the right place for me to be, with a midwife, not getting texts done that require needles, not wearing some over sized, paper gown, not having some tube stuck up my wrist. I have to get over those things though. Have to get over probably having an epidural, which, who knows, might be my new best friend in about nine months.

6 comments:

Dank said...

Hey, just wanted to say congrats. Also, I wanted to invite you and joey to my going away party on saturday the 31st this month. It'll be at 7 So not too late. Let me know if you can make it and I'll give you the details. I hope everything works out with the new addition.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's exciting!!

Love,
Fran

Anonymous said...

cool, thanks guys! Dan i will talk with Joey about the party, I am excited for you!
Danae

Simon Jooste said...

It's not a little "dot"! It's a baby with a soul and everything!!! Don't try to down play it - we believe life begins at conception, right?? I know you know this - and I don't mean to lecture, but "dot"??? Come on now, that's not what you would call Ethan (or would it :) Love you! And am praying for you!

Deaira Dea said...

wonderful babies!!! :) wonderful news! wonderful excuse to keep crocheting! be well little baby Lear your church family is praying for you and your mommy daddy and big brother!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I sorta forgot about your homebirth predictament. Hmmm, I totally understand about being freaked out at the labor thing again. That was the worst thing about being pregnant for me last time. I would totally recommend using a doula. Mine was so great. She only cost 600 dollars and it was totally worth it.
Her name is Sherry Asp 971-9700...oh, and she lives out by you too. I've even told her about you. She would love to talk to you about having a home or hospital birth, and give you some pointers about chooseing. She has 2 boys and had one at the hospital and one at home. It's not too early. Love you lots and I'm so super excited! I'm gonna get kicked out of the cry rooom!