Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good Morning.

I look out the window and snow has started to sneak out of the sky. It's quiet. Makes me want to be up in the cabin, with cards and mint cookies and hot chocolate.
We took Ethan to Thomas the Train Live! yesterday. I was more excited than he was to go, to see his reaction to all those trains he loves so much "live". It's crazy what parents go through just to see their children smile. We got there a half hour early, and it didn't start till fifteen minutes later than that, and as you can possibly imagine, by this time Ethan was sprawled on the floor in ultimate boredom and Joey and I were as tense as rabbits in a hunt. Other older, much wiser parents had bought their children candy and snacks to stuff their faces with to pass the time. I will remember this next time.
We left at the intermission, telling Ethan, Oh, it's over. Wasn't that fun? It's all done now. I don't think he believed us at first but when he saw other desperate parents walking out the doors with their children, he gave in.
As far as this pregnancy goes, by five or six in the evening I feel as big as I did with Ethan at twenty weeks. Each morning if I could, I'd like to sleep in till ten, take a four our five our nap at one, and then at about nine o'clock, right before I should be getting sleepy, I get this ZAP of energy, and want nothing to do with going to bed. I have other weird prego symptoms that I will spare telling, but I am happy to feel all these things--they're confirmations of the little guy inside, who's bulging heart started beating on Friday.

1 comment:

Simon Jooste said...

Amazing! His/her heart is beating!!
Did Ethan enjoy the show? Are you glad you went?
Andrew and I have been sitting in the Henry's parking lot watching the drill, excavator, dump trucks and digger work to make a parking lot. So entertaining!! And it's right around the corner - what more could you ask for?