Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, Happy Birthday.


We had a fun little New Year's party last night. I can't remember the last time we spent time with friends together like that, we, I mean Joey and me. It was so nice, even tho "we" didn't really talk to each other. Just being together makes me feel happy.

I miss doing that stuff more on a regular basis. Now that I am home full time, we could. The possibilities of fun things to do because I am "just at home" are endless--crafty stuff, homemade gifts, snowboarding, hosting dinners and game nights.

Oh, and by the way, the little man is three today. Three. He keeps saying to me, every other day or so, real randomly, like when I am tying my shoes or something, "Mom, I'm so glad you are at home with me." The sweetest words I could ever hear.

3 comments:

Simon Jooste said...

oh, Danae! That is SO sweet that he can acknowledge how grateful he is that you can be at home with him!! It makes it all worth it when you know you are appreciated like that! I will call you later to wish the Birthday boy - maybe Andrew will even sing to him. We've been working on that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having us over last night. It really was so wonderful to hang out together. And I really liked playing with Ethan. I wish he liked me more.

Deaira Dea said...

Happy Birthday Ethan... Has it really been 3 years... :) What a sweet little man you have to be thankful for his mommy... :)