Monday, February 4, 2008

The Never-Ending Weekend.

So Joey works and I stay home, mostly, except for my one day at the airport where I pass out maps and stay clear of creepos, and Wednesday mornings when I go punch and kick and yell in front of thirty other ladies, all of us trying to keep our butts from sagging any more than they have to. Other than those times, and ok, Sundays, I feel like I am living in a never ending Saturday morning. I can't believe my good fortune.
Ironically, Sundays are my most stressful days. I almost hate Sundays. I love the Lord and I love my family at Mt. Rose, but IT IS STINKEN HARD TO GO TO CHURCH ALONE. And to lead worship when I feel alone and unqualified. The only thought that keeps me sane is that it is for the Lord, and for others. This road has been long.
My New Year's Resolution was to be hopeful and thankful. So I am going to stop complaining now.
Things really have been good here. We have this amazing dog who is no work whatsoever-("Joey, honey, can we get...um...you know...a friend for Riley? I mean...I think we could handle two dogs. She is so easy...") yeah you should have seen the look on his face when I said that. And Ethan is the best ever, growing into such a man. And I have so much time with Joey, and when I am not with him, Jen is always there. The only thing that has been a bummer is this constant snow, this constant greyness. But then today the sun's out! and it didn't snow last night.
I can't wait for summer, for brown arms and halter tops and the scent of sunscreen.

1 comment:

Deaira Dea said...

I appreciate seeing you at church I know it must be hard. It was hard for me in Texas being at church without my Daddy and Steve beside me it was very weird... I appreciate seeing you for the sake of seeing your smiling face and hugging you and I love when you lead worship cuz I love listening to you sing... Steve is always up for sushi and wednesdays are best :) i'll talk to him you talk to Joey and we can maybe make plans sunday! :) YAY!