Friday, February 1, 2008

Warm Boots.

Ethan's got some "new" shoes, too. And he looks as excited about them as I am about my boots.



I bought these boots yesterday (for a super deal!) and for the first time since I can remember I am not chilled in the winter. Not only are they extremely trendy around here, pretty darn ugly if you ask me, but they are soooo warm and cozy, like there's an electric warmer down in there somewhere. I am thrilled. I am wearing them to work in an hour or so and am so happy that I won't be freezing all night. I swear it's like wearing the best pair of slippers you ever bought, outside. What could be better?
Kickboxing this morning was great. There were so many people and it was so cold outside the mirrors all fogged over. Pretty gross but pretty awesome at the same time.
And I am forcing myself to like Riley. It's not that she is a bad dog; in fact, she is a perfect dog. I just think I got her too soon after Truman. I know I need to give her time, but she isn't dying for you to pick her up and snuggle with her. She also isn't destroying my pillows and couches, something I have to constantly remind myself when I think she is a little stand-offish. She also pees and poops outside. HUGE.
But today as I was going through an intersection I saw a man walking a pitbull puppy that looked really similar to Truman and I felt like I was going to cry. And I sorta hated Riley for a minute.
I saw Truman's new ad in the paper. They are re-selling him for five hundred dollars. I wanted to puke.

2 comments:

Deaira Dea said...

It will take some time... Kudos on the new shoes you have always had excellent taste in shoes tho! :)

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks so grown up. Wow.