Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation, San Diego, 2009.

The clouds have cleared, offering up the blue sky and hot sun. I love it. It's humid; opening the small window in the bathroom while taking a shower doesn't do much to keep the bathroom from fogging up.
We've been keeping busy: ceremonies, showers, receptions, museums, trains, and trolley rides. The boys are priceless, as maybe only your own blood can be. Andrew chooses me over the others to change his "poopies" and this warms my heart almost as much as if he were to fall asleep in my arms.
The car trips into downtown have been my favorite part. Ethan picking his nose while asking "Where?" to Andrew, who is literally almost coming out of his car seat in excitement over the airplanes flying over the car--"Look Ethan! WO! Look!" And then of course there is 'O When the Saints Go Marching In', sung at the top of their little bitty lungs until you feel like you have the song engraved so deep in your brain you will be singing it on your own deathbed when you can say absolutely nothing else.
We've also been preparing for little Romo, washing clothes, putting together swings and bouncers, getting the linens ready to be warmed in the oven when the time is ready. Daelynn is uncommonly not stressed out about the birth, which doesn't surprise me in the least. I am a little scared but really excited too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already. Have the best time ever, and kudos for being brave enough to face the drive without Joey.
-Kelly

Lindsey Briggs said...

I love your descriptions. I hope baby Romo is born while you are there! how fun! we want pictures!