Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I love the heat and I love seniors too.

It's July first tomorrow and the heat is killing me. I sit in the recliner and my face sweats. It takes all my energy away. I am like my Grandma--anywhere I go in the car I have to have ice water with me--even with the AC.
But I love it. I would rather it be like this than January, February, March, April and even sometimes May.
I took a senior stretch class today and loved it, one for the slow, very slow, stretching, and two for the new atmosphere. Seniors are like preschoolers, only bigger and wrinklier. They are, for the most part, unabashedly outgoing. They laugh easily. They don't take themselves seriously (one lady did the entire class hooked up to her oxygen machine) and they still make jokes about sex (even the lady hooked up to the oxygen machine). I will definitely return.

2 comments:

Simon Jooste said...

how fun!! I took a "silver sneakers" class the other day by mistake and loved it too! they were movin' and grovin' there hearts out - so happy to be able to move! the lady in front of me had to stop the gentleman to her right because he was REALLY getting into it - she said (in a loud ruby-like voice) "you know you don't have to take such big steps - I'm afraid you're going to run into me." the man just nodded his head yes and made his steps a bit smaller. I think he was enjoying himself so much he just got a bit carried away - I wish there was something like that I could get carried away with. you're right in that they are like toddlers - they are not as self-conscience as we are. Love you!!

Deaira Dea said...

Lol Steve and I had a conversation the other day about the heat do you remember feeling this hot when we were kids or noticing the heat when we were kids?i don't seems like there was always a pool to jump in or a friend to visit... :) i love the summer rain!