Monday, June 8, 2009

Sleep Over.

I am watching Ethan and Andrew because Simon and Deana are spending the night on the beach. Or somewhere near it anyways. We've had two mini arguments, including a couple of slugs to the face, but we seem to be doing fine now. O and one poopy undies incident. Nothing a little swish swish in the toilet couldn't take care of.
It's a beautiful day here. The best we've seen. I am hoping to at least get one more day at the beach.
I am really enjoying this time with my sisters, using all their lotions and perfumes and everything else sisters share without asking. But seriously, this time with them is precious; who knows when we will all be together again in this sort of casual way.
Last night Chuy BBQ'd salmon sprayed with lemon juice, garlic salt, and parsley. It was wonderful. We had homegrown avocados and a raw carrot on the side. It was surprisingly satisfying. We had cherries for dessert. Ethan was in one of his better moods, making us laugh. Suddenly he was dancing in his chair, the kind of dance three years olds do when they have to pee really bad, so I told him to run to the bathroom. The house was dark, but he darted in side.
Then we heard a horrible crack, and his cry filling the night's otherwise pleasant air.
Apparently he tripped on the bathroom rug, landed nose first on the side of the toilet bowl. Thankfully, no gush of blood, no teeth scattered on the floor. Just a little blood in the nose.
I put Ethan down and then stretched before falling onto the blowup mattress next Ethan, his breath heavy and loud coming from his blood clogged nose.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Mmmm, I miss borrowing my sissy's lotion and stuff. I'm so glad you are having a good time! I hope you get to see a baby soon! We miss you. Seems like you've been gone forever.