Wednesday, March 30, 2011

See That Cloud? I'm On It.



Picture this cutie pie and nice clean car seat with chunky oatmeal like barf all over it. Twice. Then try, as hard you can, to smell what my car smelled like all the way home. Sort of like opening a Ziplock full of raw chicken gone bad.  Did I mention the drive is ten hours?
Driving ten hours with a five year old? There's only three words: PORTABLE DVD PLAYER.
The driver. We only missed a highway once. Maybe it was my fault.
What you feel like when you can't get a job. And have pinkeye.
If I get a blog written it will be a miracle seeing as I have four little munchkins running around my house today. Well, one of them is napping. With four, one of them is always napping. I literally swap them out of the crib. We just got done making egg-less oatmeal cookies (because I have no eggs) and they turned out really well. Plus, I was able, God knows how, to not eat eighty three percent of the dough, which usually means I want to puke every time I make cookies. This time my tummy only hurts just a little.
We recently got back from San Diego visiting my little sister and her family. They just had a new little girl, Adelynn. She was so sweet! It was great to be with them and it painfully reminded me how much I miss being with Daelynn. I like feeling like I can totally be myself with her. She knows me, knows where I am coming from, so there's not the miscommunication that exists in newer relationships. And in newer I mean anyone who has not known me for over twenty years or so. Which includes my husband. Who I love oh so much.
I love San Diego, love the feeling there, the smell, the humidity, the temperature. I hate Reno. But it's probably just a familiarity thing, and even though the grass IS greener in San Diego, metaphorically life would be life there as it is here. 
Speaking of which, my life has been in recovery mode for the last two years or so. My first kid knocked my world of it's axis and the second one, coupled with the loss of a job I really liked-but couldn't handle the stress for-sent me in a dizzying tailspin.
I feel like through counseling and books and ramblings in a journal and introspection, Oh! the introspection, I have come to see myself a little more objectively, maybe, and even though it's really awkward and painful, it also has helped me in new endeavors because I know myself better, know how I respond to things, know what I suck at, know what pushes my buttons, know what makes me happy.
Which leads me to the point, which is I got a new full time job!
The interview process was excruciatingly painful, getting all dressed up in my best, trying not to pull my hangnails or pick at my face not knowing when my next interview would be, getting mentally prepared, trying not to sweat it (literally), blah blah blah, only to get no response.
And then, Hallelujah!
On a last ditch effort to the wind I went to one last interview. I left feeling insecure and disappointed, trying to forget about the whole thing. The next morning I saw an unfamiliar number on my phone and sure enough it was them, offering me the job!
I'm still stunned.
Life is going to change so much.  I have to leave my boys for longer amounts of time than I ever have before. I have to cut back on teaching exercise.
But there will be so many positives to it, I know it is what we want to do. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and nothing else I was applying for even comes close. I feel so thankful, so amazed at God who I think is so far away, so not involved in the details of my life, and then all this happens, and it's like He's putting the world together again, making every little detail work together in a way chance could never do.
I have a about a month to get everything re-organized, get childcare all taken care of, get my wardrobe ready (very important), wrap up all the loose ends.
I feel like I have been given a second chance and I am going to appreciate it so much more than I ever could in the past.
On top of that golden nugget I also, somehow, miraculously, got into one of the nicest gyms in the area. I immediately was given two classes, which I had to give up due to the new full time job, which was so sad, but I am on their sub list and hope to pick up a class that will work with my new, very tight schedule. I know eventually something will work. It always does--sometimes it just takes patience, like years worth.
I am overwhelmed and floating on a cloud of stunned happiness over here. It's pretty cool.
This firetruck stroller thing was the highlight of the trip for the boys. Forget the gorilla.

What you feel like after you've found a job. And don't have pinkeye! Yay!







2 comments:

Mama said...

darling pictures sister! You have been busy!

Jill said...

Congrats on the new job! It's funny because last night I was just telling Adam that he is never allowed to cheat on me because that would lead to divorce and then me having to find a job and I REALLY didn't want to do that. I'll live vicariously through you in the whole job thing. What will you be doing?