Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just a Blurb.

My fuse is as short as a pig's tail this morning.
I was home sick with the boys all day yesterday with the most annoying of all sicknesses: Pinkeye. Pinkeye ain't so bad if you don't wear contacts. For me, it locks me up in my house, with my ancient glasses, no make-up, feeling like a slob.
Yesterday was a long, slow, relaxing day. I enjoyed it. I went through every.single. one. of the boys toys and got rid of five bags of them. Glory hallelujah! Then we went for a walk to the park and enjoyed the first day in a long time with blue skies and warm temperatures. In the fifties of course. We take what we can get around here. The biggest thing was there was very little wind.
But today it's one day too many and my patience is worn thin. I don't know why...too much coffee? Not enough food? Pinkeye? The medicine I took for my recurring sinus infection?  Who knows.  I feel jittery and like old thin branch about to snap.
I skype with my sister in about twenty minutes, which should help, as long as I can find something for the boys to do.
I'd stick them both in front of a long movie except Noah isn't into them yet. With Ethan I was oh so careful the amount of TV I let him watch when he was one or two (No more than twenty minutes a day!) and then with Noah I sit him on the couch and try to sell it: "OOOOOOO!! A MOVIE!!!! how fun!! Let's sit here with our blankie, and snacks, really good snacks....and WATCH IT!!! YAY!!!!" But, alas, it only takes about ten minutes and he slides off the couch, looking for something really naughty or dangerous to get into. 
Yesterday he only tried to kill himself three times. Thankfully we came out of the day with only a minor cut above the eye and bruises on the chin and forehead.
Today the skies are covered in white clouds and it looks cold. I can't wait for summer.


1 comment:

Lindsey Briggs said...

You make me laugh. I wear contacts and have had pinkeye too, so tons of sympathy coming your way. And the TV thing is RIGHT ON. I know it isn't funny at the time, but man you have a great way of making light of things! Keep it up!