Friday, September 10, 2010

First Hair Cut: Noah Jay/Graeagle Pictures.

It's not often you find yourself trying to shove a sucker into a child's mouth. Ethan, as you can see, is an old pro at this stuff.
Me and my boys.

Ethan likes to hit golf balls. I like his outfit: you really can't beat jammies and black shoes. Joey spent a lot of time with Ethan this summer giving him "swim lessons". He's a good daddy.
Once again I think Ethan wins the fashion prize on this one. (Those shorts usually fall below the knees). Ethan's new jeep I found at a garage sale for $12.


He's very serious, folks. Watch out.

Fall is coming, it's just around the corner. I feel it in the mornings when the house is cold and I don't want to get out of bed, and then again in the evenings when you definitely want a jacket if you're outside. Soon it will be chilly all day, and then one day not too far off I will be wearing a coat and gloves and freezing my butt off as I drive to work in the mornings. But oh, that coffee will taste just devine.
Today I found Noah crunching on a long piece of pink chalk. It was kind of like lipstick the way it stained his mouth and cheeks. That's gotta be up there for cancer causers. Whoops.
And then Ethan is full of attitude today. He's down for his second nap because the first one bombed. Right now this is the hardest part of being a mom: ATTITUDE. I can't stand it and I can't stand being the meanie who has to crack down on it. But, I guess it's not really being mean if it's helping Ethan grow into the wonderful gentleman he is *gulp* becoming, right?
We took Noah for his first haircut. He looks so handsome. The bad part, though, was that he screamed his head off for most of the time, worse than any shots he's ever recieved from the doctors. He just really doesn't like things that go "buzz", and I am pretty sure if has to do with the sucking device they used on me when he was but the size of a pea. Poor baby. You would have thought someone was branding him. The pictures don't really show it because I think we were trying to get some happy ones. He did enjoy his very first sucker though, covered in hair and everything.









No comments: