Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three Penguins.

So I went to Ross, the most dangerous place in the whole world. In fact, it was even more dangerous than usual because I was stressed (Ethan...tantrum...you understand) and the trip wasn't planned.
You know what that means: Shopping with No Conscious!
I loaded up my basket like a squirrel collecting her nuts for winter.
I found some delightful penguins that I just could not resist. They now look down on us when we are in the kitchen or living room, like little gods. Of course they didn't look right where I had pictured putting them while I was in the store, but nothing ever does. They were supposed to go on top of the entertainment center, the main piece in our house (sad to say but it's true). However, when I placed them up there they were a little scary looking. They needed a spot that was a bit conspicuous, otherwise when you walked into my house it was like "AHHH! PENGUINS!"
I also bought a crazy big picture to hang over our mantel, and that just didn't work at all, not did it work anywhere else in my house unfortunately. That meant another trip back to Ross, but we'll talk about that a little later.
Then I found two dresses that I knew would fit perfectly so I did not have to try them on. I love clothes like that. I had three in my hand, but I put one back to prove to myself I had some control. Ha. (See below).
I found some sleek and very comfortable sunglasses that I L-O-V-E. Now if I can just not lose them...or break them...
And then I threw in (not literally of course) a beautiful sexy black vase for our bedroom and two black picture frames for the new pictures of Noah that should be arriving soon.
It was a lovely day.
Oh yes, but that picture, remember? That I had to go back to Ross to return?
Yeah. Like five more dresses later. And a purse.
*sigh*.....and my husband still loves me. Penguins and all.

No comments: